Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Mexican Mac and Pork Chops

Here's a simple supper that has a bit of zip, yet is still super quick and easy. I really don't make many modifications in ingredients, other than occasionally adding some corn kernels, or black beans, or 2 chopped peppers instead of one. Also, 1-1/2 cups of salsa is just a bit less than a full 16oz jar, so I usually just dump in the whole jar and use some of the 2 cups of water to rinse out the jar.

I prefer using boneless chops (I'll sometimes buy butterfly chops if they're on sale cheap and split them into two chops) but Bill prefers bone-in chops. They just take a bit longer to cook. Get the chops well-browned on both sides and, once the mac and salsa mix is boiling good, put them back in then instead of waiting till the end and they'll be super tender. If you put a lid on the pan, it'll have more sauce.

This recipe works well with any of the 'deluxe' mac and cheese mixes (I use the store brand since it's cheaper) and you can use the kind with shells or with elbow macaroni. You can also use 2 cups dry macaroni and about 4oz of velveeta or other melty cheese. Sorry I forgot the pic tonight, by the time I remembered, we'd already eaten most of it. lol  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment